List Of Safety Devices Recommended By A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you ever get involved in a motorcycle accident, hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer to represent your claim is a great idea because the chances of winning are significantly improved when a professional handles the case.
Certain factors may however influence the failure of your claim. One of such is your failure to use safety devices. The following are the safety devices that an accident lawyer recommends:
- Safety gear: All riders are encouraged to wear the right safety gear while they are out riding. When you go out there, your helmet, riding boots, gloves, leather vest, and pants should not be left behind. They are designed to reduce injury when accidents happen. Leaving them out may affect your case negatively if you ever have to lay a claim.
- Airbag vests or jackets: Airbag vests are innovative designs that you should take advantage of. Designed to work like automotive airbags, these vests will further reduce the risk of fatal injuries in an accident. Certain insurance companies make it compulsory for their clients who own motorcycles to purchase and use airbag vests.
- Accelerating stability: Motorcycles are most vulnerable when accelerating or turning a corner on speed. New technologies are available to help your bike maintain wheel stability when you turn or accelerate. If your bike can be modified with this tech, you should get it done!
- Anti-lock braking control: If you ever have to stop suddenly, your anti-lock brakes will be of immense benefit. This technology is successful in motor vehicles, and now, motorcycles can adopt it. The anti-lock system pumps the brakes if applied hard and suddenly, giving you greater control to maneuver the steering.
- Functional tail lights: If you get rammed from behind in the dark, a motorcycle accident lawyer will most likely ask if your tail lights were on. Tail lights are safety equipment that helps to keep your motorcycle visible from the rear.
- Post-manufacture protection: Certain safety devices may not be on your motorcycle from the manufacturer. Your motorcycle accident lawyer may recommend a few, depending on the distance you ride. If you are a long-distance rider, the GPS navigation system is a must. Getting a hands-free device to help you make calls while riding safely is crucial.
Your safety is essential; add as many devices or gear as you can, to increase your chances of coming out of an accident unhurt.