The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is conducted by the UP Basic Secondary Education board. The candidates with UP domicile are allowed to apply for this exam. The UPTET exam for the eligible candidates will be conducted on 28 November 2021, and the result will be announced on 28 December 2021.
On BYJU’S Exam Prep, the students can go through all the exam details and attend multiple mock exams to evaluate their preparation for the exam.
Salary and Benefits for UPTET Teachers
Every year over 15 lakh candidates appear for the UPTET exam. The selected candidates would be given the post at different primary schools all over Uttar Pradesh. The job profile comes with a good salary package and various benefits and perks.
Job profile of UPTET Teachers
The selected candidates obtaining the UPTET Cut Off will be issued a UPTET certificate. The appointed candidates are posted at two different levels. One is for the primary level (Classes 1 to 5), and the other is for the upper primary level (Classes 6 to 8). Let us look at the job profile of the UPTET teachers.
- Focus on educating the students of the allotted class according to the syllabus provided by the National curriculum network
- Focus on the lesson plans of the chapters and organise multiple extracurricular activities for the students
- Provide complete information about the syllabus, structure, and curriculum to students
- Attending teacher’s meetings regularly, organised by the UP education board
- Providing assignments, project work, homework, team teaching, and remedial teaching to the students
- Help students keep up with their peers
- Look into developing other interests in the students, such as art, sports, crafts, library, etc.
Salary of UPTET teachers
As per the job profile of the UPTET teachers, they are paid good remuneration for their services. Let us look at the salary structure in detail for both levels of UPTET teachers.
|Salary details||Primary level teacher||Upper primary level teacher|
|Pay Scale||Rs 9,300- 35,400||Rs 9,300- 44,900|
|Grade pay||Rs 4,200||Rs 4600|
|House Rent Allowance||Rs 3,240||Rs 4110|
|Dearness Allowance||17% of the basic pay|
|Total Salary (Excluding deductions)||Around Rs 37,000||Around Rs 40,000- 45,000|
Benefits and Perks of UPTET teachers
Along with salary, the UPTET teachers receive several benefits and perks as per their job profiles. Let us look at some benefits and perks received by them.
- Medical Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Internet Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- House rent Allowance
- Paid Leaves
- Accommodation if available at that place.
- Maternity leave for 12 weeks for the teachers
- Paid leave during pregnancy
- Increment in salary
Career scope for UPTET Teachers
The selected candidates from the UPTET exam join the primary and upper primary classes as a teacher. But as time passes by, the teacher is entitled to growth in their professional career. Let us look at the career growth of UPTET teachers.
- Headmaster in a primary level school– For a teacher at the primary level school, the highest promotion at this level is the headmaster role.
- Senior teacher in an upper primary level school– After serving as the headmaster in the primary level school, the next level is the senior teacher in an upper primary level school. This profile requires more experience, and a UPTET teacher can only get to this position after fulfilling all the eligibility criteria of this position.
- Principal in an upper primary level school- This is the highest promotion for a UPTET teacher. As the position is limited to primary school, the post of principal is the last promotion for the UPTET teacher.
The job profile of UPTET teachers involves educating the primary and the upper primary level school children. The teachers are paid as per their job responsibility along with various benefits and perks. The teachers are also entitled to various promotions as per their experience in this role. So, for a candidate preparing for the UPTET exam, visit BYJU’S Exam prep to take multiple mock exams, solve previous year’s question papers, and understand the exam in detail.