Flurry Journal

General Blog

How To Get Help With Your Taxes

Most Americans must file state and local tax returns by April 15th every year. Some returns are fairly simple to file, but many people need assistance to complete their returns correctly. 

Hire a Professional

If your return is complex or you want to ensure that you maximize your refund or minimize the amount of tax you owe, you may want to have a professional assist you with preparing your return. Accountants, professional tax law services Sarasota, money managers and other finance professionals can provide you with tax advice or complete your return for you. However, you will still need to provide them with documentation to support the income and deductions on your return, so make sure you collect and organize your receipts and other documentation throughout the year. 

Use Tax Software

Tax software can guide you through the process of completing remote workforce management your return. Because the tax rules are programmed into the software, you can complete your return by answering a series of questions, rather than having to look up all the rules and figure out how to fill out the forms. However, if you make a mistake inputting your information into the program, you could end up with errors on your return. 

Get Free Assistance

If your income is below a certain threshold, you are elderly, disabled or a veteran, you may be eligible to receive free tax assistance. The Volunteer Income Tax Assitance program provides free tax assistance to people who make less than $56,000, have disabilities or have language barriers. The Tax Counseling for the Elderly program helps people with questions about pensions and retirement. Additionally, the MilTax program provides free tax preparation to veterans and their families.

To avoid potential penalties or missing out on the refund you are entitled to, it is important to correctly file your taxes. For many taxpayers, it is wise to seek assistance with tax preparation. 

Related Posts