10 Must-Haves for the Perfect Beach Resort
Going to the beach is supposed to be a relaxing experience, but sometimes it can feel anything but long lines, crowded beaches, and overpriced food and drinks can put a damper on your vacation before it even starts.
But it doesn’t have to be that way! With a little planning and the right amenities, you can create the perfect beach resort experience for your guests, from the moment they arrive to the time they check out.
Here are 10 must-haves for the perfect beach resort:
- A welcoming arrival– Make sure your guests feel welcome as soon as they arrive with a warm greeting and helpful staff. Have someone on hand to take bags and offer directions to the pool, beach, or restaurants. Some beach resorts offer welcoming drinks and snacks right away – this is a nice touch if you can swing it!
- Comfortable accommodations– Your guests should feel like they’re coming home to a comfortable oasis at the end of the day. Make sure your rooms are clean and spacious with all the amenities they need, like free Wi-Fi, a mini-fridge, and a coffee maker. The little things can make a big difference! If you have a view of the ocean, even better!
- A spacious pool area– There’s nothing worse than arriving at the pool only to find that there are no lounge chairs available. Make sure your pool area is large enough to accommodate all your guests and has plenty of seating. Don’t forget about pool toys and games for the kids (and adults)!
- Plenty of activities– A great beach resort will have plenty of activities to keep guests entertained. Provide a mix of activities that everyone can enjoy, like beach volleyball, a water park, kayaking, and more. There should also be land activities like tennis and a fitness center.
- Delicious food and drinks– No beach vacation is complete without delicious food and drinks! Make sure your resort has a variety of dining options, from casual to fine dining, as well as a full bar. If you can swing it, offer room service so your guests can enjoy a meal in the comfort of their own room.
- Kid-friendly amenities– If you want to attract families, you’ll need to have some kid-friendly amenities like a playground, game room, or kids’ club. You can also put an area aside for them at the pool with shallow water and toys. This will enable parents to enjoy some time to themselves while still keeping an eye on their little ones.
- A pampering spa– What’s a beach vacation without a little pampering? Offer your guests a chance to unwind at a full-service spa with massages, facials, and more. Guests will appreciate being able to relax and rejuvenate during their stay. Aside from the spa, you can also offer other relaxation amenities like a sauna or steam room.
- Fitness center– For guests who want to stay active on vacation, make sure your resort has a fitness center with all the latest equipment. Offer classes like yoga or spin, or leave it up to guests to use the equipment on their own. Just make sure there’s plenty of space and the facilities are clean.
- Shopping- If your guests want to do some shopping on vacation, make sure your resort has a gift shop or even a small mall. This will give them a chance to find souvenirs for friends and family back home. Some resorts even offer a shuttle to take guests to and from the shopping area. This is especially convenient if it’s located off-site.
- Friendly and helpful staff– Last but not least, the key to a perfect beach resort experience is the friendly and helpful staff. From the moment your guests arrive to the time they check out, everyone should be eager to help them have the best vacation possible. The best way to ensure this is to hire staff that genuinely enjoy their jobs and working with people.
If you can provide all of these things, you’re well on your way to creating the perfect beach resort experience for your guests! Just make sure to always put your guests’ needs first and you’ll be sure to succeed.
Do you have any other suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!