Yearly Health Check-ups Covered by Medical Insurance: Comprehensive Information
Heath issues and ailments are no longer restricted to only the aged. With changing lifestyles and habits, people of all ages are exposed to diseases and illnesses. Perhaps the most effective way of treating a health condition is to prevent it from occurring in the first place.
At this point, regular health check-ups become indispensable for everyone regardless of their health condition and fitness level. Routine check-ups help you monitor your health and take necessary preventive measures to keep a plethora of health issues at bay.
However, with the inflated medical costs, getting regular health check-ups can dig a hole in your pocket. Do you know you can avail of routine health check-ups for free with your health insurance plans? Yes, that’s absolutely true.
One of the best benefits of health insurance policies is that they offer yearly health check-ups to their policyholders.
Want to know more? Read on!
What is the Significance of a Health Check-up in Health Insurance?
Yearly health check-ups are benefits that come under several health insurance plans by reputed providers. These check-ups help policyholders assess and monitor their health condition and take preventive care to avoid a variety of health risks. The annual check-ups include a full body diagnosis to check heart health, organs, metabolism, and other functions of the body.
Further, health check-up in insurance also includes monitoring crucial health parameters like cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and so on.
But do all health insurance schemes cover health check-ups?
The answer completely depends on your insurance company and their policies. But the good thing is that the majority of reputed insurance providers offer coverage for yearly health check-ups with their plans. This is a major reason to purchase health check-up insurance from well-known insurance companies.
Type of Annual Health Check-up Covered by Insurance
While the type of check-ups covered by an insurance scheme depends on the particular insurance provider, most of them include the following tests:
- General physical examination
- Blood sugar test
- Complete blood count
- Blood pressure test
- Urine test
- Lipid profile
- Kidney test
- Lung test
- Liver test
- Pap smear
- Dental check-ups
- Eyesight check
What are the Benefits of Yearly Check-ups in Health Insurance?
Having yearly health check-ups or medical check-up insurance has various benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Monitor Your Health: The primary advantage of yearly health check-ups is that they help you track your health and fitness. They also help you evaluate your health condition by checking bodily functions.
- Save Money: Purchasing a health insurance plan with free yearly health check-ups allows you to save a great deal of money. You do not have to take the expensive routine health check-ups separately.
- Early Diagnosis and Prevention: Another benefit of yearly health check-up is that it allows you to detect serious health ailments in advance and prevent them from deteriorating your health. At times, these routine check-ups become life-saving.
- Follow Healthy Lifestyle: Most important of all, yearly medical check-ups make you aware of your current health condition. This encourages you to pay more attention to your health and lead a healthy and stress-free life.
How Do I Claim Insurance for a Medical Check-up?
Claiming a medical check-up is a simple and straightforward process:
- Visit the official website of your insurance provider or visit their nearest branch in person.
- But before proceeding further, you need to make sure your health insurance scheme includes a medical check-up. To confirm the same, you can either check your policy documents or ask your insurance agent directly.
- Once confirmed, you can proceed with the claim. You may be asked to submit a few documents, such as your policy documents and personal details.
- Once verified, you can take the check-up at any registered healthcare facility of your insurance provider.
Note that it is a standard process followed by most insurance companies. However, some insurers may have their own procedures and requirements. Therefore, it is recommended to get in touch with your insurer regarding the same.
A yearly health check-up is the smartest way to keep track of your health and lead a risk-free life. With the right health insurance plan, you do not have to worry about soaring medical costs because your insurance policy will cover your medical check-up expenses according to your policy inclusions. So, it is high time to get one if you have not purchased medical check-up insurance yet.