Nowadays, a lot of time is spent in public transport, especially in cities. As a rule, all these means of transportation are heavily burdened, so it is not possible for all passengers to sit during the ride, which is the safest when it comes to passenger protection. At the same time, dense traffic often impedes the sudden and rapid reaction of the driver according to Toronto Defence Lawyers, so that due to sudden braking or sudden and unexpected changes in the direction of travel, the passenger is injured. Passengers in all modes of transport, and so in public transport, have the right to claim compensation for damage caused by the violation.
First of all, it is necessary to know that passengers in public transport are insured in two ways:
– compulsory insurance policy and
– the insurance policy of passengers in public transport.
The right to compensation for damage in the event of injury is cumulative in relation to these two types of insurance, which means that the compensation is paid on both of these grounds. True, the policy of insurance of passengers in public transport is symbolic, since the total sums of insurance for a damaging event are modest, and in addition they are related to the occurrence of disability or death. However, compulsory insurance pays fees in accordance with the criteria of the Supreme Court of Cassation of Serbia, within which the principle of fair compensation is more or less respected, depending on the type and severity of the violation. Therefore, it is very important that in the event of an injury, you follow the following advice.
How to act after a violation in public transport?
So, we will give you advice in the case where an injured person himself seeks assistance in a medical institution because there was no need for urgent intervention or the pain caused by the injury occurred a long time after the injury (certainly not longer than 24 hours). When such an injury occurs due to shock or instant disorientation, the injuries are violated to do the elementary actions that provide them with a successful remuneration, which is later, very difficult or impossible to compensate.
It would be ideal if you could do the following:
• Ask the driver to stop the vehicle and tell him that there has been a fall and injury.
• Remember or record the scene.
• Remember or write down the names of witnesses who were present at the time of the injury.
• Record or remember the traffic line and the type of transport in which the injury occurred.
• Remember or record the registration or garage number of the vehicle in which the injuries occurred.
• When contacting a medical institution, inform the treatment physician about the event and ask him to inform the competent authorities of the interior about this event.
Find us on Google or follow us on Twitter to learn more about us.